Monday, July 17, 2017

High Energy Snacks for Your Pregnant/Nursing/Ironman Friends




Now there's a title that will get all of zero searches...

But seriously, recently a friend of mine just had a baby. We took her these Magic Sevens because they are her favorite. I'm not sure if it was a good thing to do to a new mom or an evil thing to do to a new mom. But it did get me thinking of all the virtuously hearty snacks I could have brought her, but didn't, because I'm one of those evil-good friends.

And then our other friend completed his first Ironman. I didn't bring him any food, but I did ask how his sunburn was. Which I think we can all agree is insufficient consolation for not bringing high energy snacks to his house. #badfriend

Since I am clearly a bad person, I thought I'd try to make it up to everyone by posting some really great snacks for people who need healthy foods in those healthy bods that are burning calories like crazy. (Note: Posting recipes does not make up for not bringing food to people. This only confirms my bad person status. I apologize.)

1. Little Balls of Nutty Energy. I think the title says enough. 


2. Granola Balls. A similar theme to the nutty balls (wait, that doesn't sound how I meant it to sound...), but less nutty, more oaty.


3. Cheapskate Larabars. I love these with my soul.


4. Oat Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies. Some of the best breakfast cookies on my blog.


5. Honey Lemon Tumeric Energy Bites. If you want to be trendy and natural and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...